Housing Finance 2020
Barnes & Noble
Release Date: June 28, 2019
Published by: Bookbaby
Axiom Business Book Award Winner!
Silver Medalist in Personal Finance, Retirement Planning and Investing.
Housing Finance 2020 is everything you need in one book about the latest mortgage programs, and how to qualify. Packed with infographics and relatable examples, you'll learn how to estimate your qualified loan potential, and exactly what steps and verification documents are required by lenders for each type of mortgage program. Step-by-step instructions for completing the loan application are included, along with document checklists and a detailed timeline.
The mystery of credit scores are explained, and the book includes credit score requirements for both conventional and government-insured mortgages, as well as tips for boosting your credit profile. Income verification is explained for self-employed borrowers and other types of non-salaried income. Chapters such as "new additions to income," and "new subtractions from debt" offer good news-- such as allowable rental income from boarders or accessory apartments, and less stringent rules regarding student loan debt and self-employed borrowers.
The author carefully explains how real estate transactions are structured, how home equity grows over time, and opens up a new vocabulary of terms such as "sweat equity," "silent seconds," and "forgivable" down payment assistance loans. For those looking for a "fixer-upper" or an "energy-efficient" home, this book provides the latest information about construction and renovation loans and energy improvements.
Housing Finance 2020 features a 50-state resource directory of grants and down payment assistance from state and local housing partnership agencies. The directory also serves as a future reference for finding homeownership support services available in the community you hope to call home.
• Ten Ways to Cover Your Down Payment
• Cash-Saving Opportunities for Homebuyers
• Safe and Secure Mortgages - Consumer Protection Laws
• New Additions to Qualifying Income
• New Subtractions from Debts
• Credit Scores and Reports
• Qualifying for a Mortgage
• Submitting the Loan Application
• How to Navigate Housing Agency Eligibility Flash Maps
• Construction and Renovation Mortgages
• Energy-Efficient Mortgages
• Conventional, FHA and VA Mortgages
• USDA Rural Housing
• USDA Self-Help—Build Your Own Home
• Manufactured Housing
• HUD’s Good Neighbor Next Door Program
• Native American Mortgages
• Reverse Mortgages for Seniors
Look Inside this Book
Amazon Top 100 Best Seller in Mortgages
Look Inside this Book
Axiom Business Book Awards, Silver Medalist in Personal Finance, Retirement Planning and Investing